Alicia Keys stuns as she goes make-up free for performance on the X Factor

[ad_1]




Bare-faced beauty

The 35-year-old won praise for her natural look on the show




SHE started the #NoMakeUp movement back in July of this year.


And on Sunday evening Alicia Keys once again let her natural beauty do the talking as she appeared on the X Factor to perform her new track Blended Family.




Alicia Keys went make-up free on tonight's X Factor


Splash News







Alicia Keys went make-up free on tonight’s X Factor


The singer won praise from the viewers for her stunning look


Splash News







The singer won praise from the viewers for her stunning look

Going completely make-up free, the singer wowed viewers with both her stunning vocal performance and bare-faced look.


Praising her look, one person tweeted: “How refreshing to see Alicia Keys without makeup on X factor, looking natural. #nomakeup #natural #noslap.”


Another wrote: “Love Alicia keys. Plus I’m sure she’s the only female singer to go on X Factor and wear no make up. #Natural #XFactor.”




The star was performing her new song Blended Family


Splash News







The star was performing her new song Blended Family


Alicia previously used to wear a full face of make-up


Getty Images







Alicia previously used to wear a full face of make-up












While someone commented: “Great to see @aliciakeys on x factor going natural and covered up. A few younger artist could take a leaf out of her book. #XFactor #natural.”


Opening up about her decision to start the #NoMakeUp movement previously, she said: “You are allowed to say no. As women, we get into this wild habit where we feel we have to please everybody and make sure everyone feels so good, but we never look at ourselves and ask if we’re OK.









Alicia looked stunning wearing a kimono style dress


Splash News







Alicia looked stunning wearing a kimono style dress


The singer chatted to Dermot after her performance


Splash News







The singer chatted to Dermot after her performance

“I don’t want to cover up anymore. Not my face, not my mind, not my soul, not my thoughts, not my dreams, not my struggles, not my emotional growth. Nothing.”


The Empire State of Mind hitmaker made her decision after arriving for a photoshoot and the photographer insisting on taking her picture before she had begun getting ready.


She previously recalled: “I was shocked.




Alicia started a #nomakeup movement


Splash News







Alicia started a #nomakeup movement

X-Factor-strap-v2


“Instantly, I became a bit nervous and slightly uncomfortable. My face was totally raw. I had on a sweatshirt! As far as I was concerned, this was my quick run-to-the-shoot-so-I-can-get-ready look, not the actual photoshoot look.”


But after seeing the pictures, Alicia had never felt more “honestly beautiful”.


She admitted: “I swear it is the strongest, most empowered, most free, and most honestly beautiful that I have ever felt.”



Got a story? email digishowbiz@the-sun.co.uk or call us direct on 02077824220.



 



[ad_2]


EmoticonEmoticon